Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Scale Junkie..

Yep, that's me. So when I'm home I get on that glass square all the time. I think I need to break the habit before it becomes an addiction! Who is it helping to see a 2lb gain in a matter of 45 minutes? I know it's not helping me, quite frankly it's frustrating. So instead of having to convince myself that our bodies can fluctuate up and down 5lbs a day I could just not get on the scale in the first place and avoid the stress. You would think I could convince myself to do that but unfortunately it's easier said than done.
So the boy and I went out for dinner last night... let me tell ya it takes a lot of the romance out of the process having to sit in front of the computer looking up menus that have Low-Cal options. First finding a place that we actually wanted to go was pretty much out of the question. I was excited at first because we still have an unused Olive Garden gift card from Christmas and that's like a double whammy, free & delicious, well when I went online to check my fav dish out.. over 1500 calories, main dish alone. So I even calculated eating half of my dish and just having a salad and a breadstick or two, it was STILL too high. I'm ok with eating a light brunch and saving Cals for dinner.. but I'm not ok eating over all from one meal. After that I got all pissy because I refused to go to Olive Garden and get something that I wasn't interested in. I felt like a baby for that 30 seconds and then got over it. Lol. So we settled on Applebees. (How romantic haha). But we were impressed of actually having a selection-of more than just salads-for Low-Cal. They have a menu of meals 550 and under. I'm glad I didn't have to cook or clean.. but wasn't too thrilled with dinner. The portion wasn't all too filling, but that left room for my skinny cow dessert when I got home so I can't complain too bad.
Do any of you know good places to go when on a restricted caloric diet?
So I kicked my own ass today, or shall I say Jillian Michaels kicked my ass for me. At costco the other day I decided to buy 30 Day Shred for days I didn't feel like going to the gym. I figured I'd do it right before work today for a good 20min workout.. and boy oh boy was that a mistake!! My back is killing and my inner thighs are aching. If I didn't have bad back problems already I wouldn't be complaining, because I actually don't mind a post-workout burn.. but I think I might have not been ready for that workout. So I think I'll stick to the gym for now until I go see a doctor, or try to modify it a little more than the modified version.. but that might be hard with her saying "I know it burns, but no breaks" lol. I'm a sucker for trying to keep everyone happy... even a person on DVD apparently. I hope I'm not the only person out there that feels guilty if I give up when there are still 5 jumping jacks to go.. haha
Alright well I am going to attempt to stretch my aching body!
TTYL

2 comments:

  1. hey wow I feel you like you are the same person as me! I also attempted the 30 day shred but had to stop about 8 days into it because it gave me awful shin splints that got in the way of my daily life (like walking up a flight of stairs!) As for the restaurant thing, especially at olive garden, I think that's a restaurant that you could even split the mean into 3 and still be full! Don't deprive yourself of what you actually want because then your "changes" won't last long, just have it in moderation. I know because I've tried. I'm also a scale junkie! I'm trying to get into a habit of only weighing myself once a week. I might have someone hide it for the rest of the week... Good luck with your journey I'm looking forward to following it!

    -Krystal
    http://fattygirllossesit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always tempted to jump on the scale but I don't let myself because I know it will feel so much better to wait a week and see a bigger loss than the loss you would see jumping on every day. As for olive garden.. I love love love olive garden but it is soo bad! I actually found a dish there that isn't that bad and it tastes really good. It's called seafood brodetto and it's 480 calories and comparable to applebees great tasting under 550 calories menu.

    ReplyDelete