Saturday, February 12, 2011

Hello, world!

My name is Tamara, I'm 23 years old, and I am a big girl. I've been big since the age of 7 and I am sick of it. After having my weight yo-yo up and down ever since my teens I have decided that this is my year. A new year, new changes, new habits- all to a better and new ME!
So I have been on this journey since January 16th and luckily I have been consistently losing. But the first few weigh ins are usually nice- right? I've decided to just count calories and exercise on my own (well, with my boyfriend). It's my first time going about this without a true plan, without someone telling me what to do and what to eat. Am I crazy starting such a long journey that way? I hope not!!
So I should probably get into the dreadful numbers, huh? I'm going to start out by saying that I was scared to buy a scale. The scale actually tells me the truth. It shows me the damage I've done to myself. I couldn't throw on my broken-in loose jeans and pretend that I haven't gain any weight, that doesn't fool the scale. But we got one, and I actually stepped on it without hesitation. I wasn't excited to see the number per se, but I was excited to start moving forward in this process, and see that number for the last time.
1/16- 257.2lbs
Since then I have been counting calories and getting to the gym as much as possible. I've only missed a few days actually, but also have had to work myself up to working out (I'm not going 2hrs every day). Let me tell ya- the elliptical actually kicks my ass. I sweat like a dog! At least I know it's working.. So my weigh-ins up to date or this:
1/23- 251.0 (-6.2lbs!)
1/31- 249.4 (-1.6lbs)
2/5- 247.4 (-2lbs)
2/12- 244.4 (-3lbs)
I will say I miss that first weigh it, but I am in now way complaining! A loss is a loss, and averaging 3lbs a week is (I think) something to be proud of. So I've been thinking about goals and my goal weight, I've decided to lose 100lbs. Technically this could still be considered overweight (157lbs) but that's just ridiculous to me. Let me get there and decide for myself, lol. A chart isn't me, neither are numbers on a piece of paper. So I'll decide what's my healthy when I get there.

I think I'll get used to blogging. Logging onto my own and making a post will be the hardest- I like to just read others' and get inspiration from them. Hopefully I'll meet some great people in this journey, I look forward to it! (That is if people read it.. haha)
Thanks!!,
Tamara

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tamara!! I'm here!!! I'm so excited you decided to start blogging! I'm definitely here on this journey with you. Can't wait to get to know ya! :)

    PJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, we seem to be a lot alike! I am also 23 and started this journey in early January. We weigh about the same, and my goal is also to lose about 100 pounds. :) I am now following you and hope to give you some motivation... as well as be motivated by you. :)

    Also plan on getting hand weights soon so I can start the 30 day shred!

    Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete