Tuesday, March 1, 2011

i want to quit..

Days like today I want to quit.
I gained ANOTHER pound when I got on the scale this morning, which means in three days I've lost one and gained THREE? How is this possible. I know my food selections weren't great but I was still under calories and have had 3 good cardio sessions... so what the hell?
I don't want to seem like a downer but this is very depressing. I now have to lose two pounds just to get to where I was. I am stressed at losing 2 pounds in general.. I don't want to add another two to that total to fix mistakes. I haven't been toning so it is doubtful it's muscle.
Any ideas?
I need all the help I can get right now. This mindset needs to change pronto because I try to be so positive throughout this process.
Hopefully I will be chipper next post.

XO Tamara

4 comments:

  1. You are always bound to have some ups... with all the downs... It happens. just use it to motivate you more, rather than wanting to throw in the towel! Food selection wasn't great... so right there.. you fond a mistake to fix, and eating under your calories... just amke sure you are still eating enough calories to keep your body in good condition ya know?? You can do this... Stay positive!! It is only 2 lbs... not 12 or 20 or 22. Just 2. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't weigh daily. That's a big mistake a lot of people make and one that I used to make. And sometimes, I am still tempted to do it... Don't. All it does is screw your mentality up and you'll end up giving up, believe me.

    Just work harder, and don't weigh til it's your weekly weigh in day. You'll do fine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tamara!!!!!!!! You know, it's crazy that I've been hearing this from SO many people the last few days. Maybe it's the weather. Don't quit, you can definitely do it. We just have those days where we are just like "This is hard. I don't wanna" and would like the ability to revert to toddlerdom just once so we could throw a tantrum. Or maybe it's just me, lol. I think I'm going to go on a scale hiatus for the rest of the month. Like Ashley said, sometimes it just frustrates you. It's amazing how quickly your hard work can be undone. *sigh*

    Just know that you aren't alone. We must keep moving!!! I hope you're feeling better. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many factors that probably don't have to do with gaining fat at all. Water weight, food in your tummy, gotta go potty, etc etc. My weight has remained the same for several weeks now, BUT my body is still transforming slimmer. Muscle weights more than fat (I love to weight train). Focus on body transformation if that scale is actin' up on you right now. Just don't get on it for awhile. Body transformation does not lie. Way better indicator than the scale.

    ReplyDelete