Thursday, March 3, 2011

Ohhh Elliptical...

So my main source of cardio exercise is the elliptical. I use them at my gym and the people I work for also have one (yay for being able to work out while working 13hr shifts!). But I have a dilemma with them.. the effin' heart monitors/ calorie counters are driving me CRAZYYYYY!!!
Do you all have the same problems with the inconsistencies? Depending on the machine I can range anywhere from 140-170bpm in the middle of the same intensity workout. I understand that the one at the house vs the ones at the gym are different. The quality is completely different, it's a different brand etc.. But the same things happens with the machines at the gym. They are the same make and model, yet I'm getting completely different figures. Like I said the heart rate range is way off but so are the calories. It annoys the hell out of me!
Because of this I've been contemplating getting a heart rate monitor watch that can track calories as well. Does anyone have one? Are they accurate? Do you like it?
I've been doing research but the reviews are SO up and down.. therefore I'd really like to hear some info firsthand before dumping that kind of money on something, so let me know! Thanks
Um, I've weighed myself. Sorry, I'm addicted and really don't know how to stop. I know I need to because that weekly number is so much better than the daily ones that drive me crazy, but I like to stay on track. Obviously if I go up two days in a row I'm doing something wrong.. and I'd like to know that. So I'm back down a pound from my last weigh in, which unfortunately was my weight on Sunday. But I'm back, at least the scale has been moving in the right direction. I HATE up!
I need to admit I've been slacking on water and vegetables. We really need to clean out our refrigerator and make a trip to the grocery store so I have no more excuses. So that's what I'm working on: Water, veggies, and no slip ups (even if they are small)!
I have two more days until next weigh in so I have lots of work if I want to hit that 2.5 which turned into 5 after gaining!! I can and WILL do this!!
<3

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh. I just joined a gym, so I will be ellipticaling for the first time real soon. I'll get to witness these effin' heart rate monitors firsthand. I can't wait! As for weighing, I used to be addicted, weighing like 3 times a day. Then I got tired of being like and gave my scale a battery lobotomy. I didn't jump on the scale again for about a year, and now I only weigh once a week or less. Ahhh. that's much bettah.

    ReplyDelete